Post Office – Important Consultation
Post Office Ltd has informed Cropredy Parish Council that it intends restoring Post Office services by means of a Hosted Outreach service operating from The Red Lion Inn. The service will be run by the subpostmaster from Easington Post Office and will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9.30am to 1.30pm on both days. The same range of services will be available as before with the addition of DVLA facilities and a Euros on Demand Service but excluding the on-line Lottery service. Customers will still be able to collect benefits in cash using their everyday banking services or a Post Office card account. Before finalising their plans the Post Office has contacted Cropredy Parish Council to seek its views with particular emphasis on the following:
- How suitable are the new location and premises?
- Any comments on the proposed days and opening hours?
- How easy is it to get there?
- Are the premises easy to get into and is the inside easily accessible?
- Are there any concerns about the new location?
- If so what suggestions do we have that could alleviate these?
- Are there any local issues which could be affected?
- Is there anything we particularly like about the proposed change?
The public consultation period ends on 28th March but if you have any comments on the above points which you would like Cropredy Parish Council to consider before submitting its formal response, could you please contact the Clerk before the next Parish Council meeting on 11th March, preferably by email to Kenneth Porter or alternatively ring on (01295) 758352
Comments can still be made after that date, and before 28th March, by email to Post Office Consultation or by post to FREEPOST PO Consultation, on the website www.postoffice.co.uk or use the customer helpline 08457 22 33 55